Braiding hair is a skill that can be learned by anyone, regardless of their hair type or experience level. However, there are a few essential tools that you will need to get started.
Comb: A comb is essential for detangling hair before braiding. A wide-tooth comb is the best option for detangling curly or coily hair.
Hairbrush: A hairbrush is also helpful for brushing out braids after they are finished.
Hair ties or elastic bands: Hair ties or elastic bands are used to secure braids in place.
Braiding needle: A braiding needle is a tool that can be used to help create more intricate braids.
Braiding hair extensions: Braiding hair extensions can be used to add length or volume to braids.
Braiding gel or spray: Braiding gel or spray can help to hold braids in place.
Here are some additional tools that you may find helpful:
- Detangling spray: Detangling spray can help to make detangling hair easier.
- Heat protectant spray: Heat protectant spray can help to protect hair from damage caused by heat styling.
- Bobby pins: Bobby pins can be used to secure braids in place.
- Hair clips: Hair clips can be used to hold hair out of the way while you are braiding.
- Mirror: A mirror can be helpful for seeing the back of your head while you are braiding.
Once you have gathered your supplies, you are ready to start braiding hair. There are many different types of braids to choose from, so you can find one that suits your hair type and style.