Taper fade haircuts have gained immense popularity for their clean and stylish appearance. This versatile haircut works exceptionally well with curly hair, allowing you to maintain your natural texture while enjoying a well-groomed look. In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to style your curly hair after getting a taper fade haircut, including tips on using styling products and hairbrushing techniques.
**What You’ll Need:**
Before you start styling your taper fade haircut, gather the following items:
1. **Curl-Enhancing Styling Product:** Look for a quality curl-enhancing product, such as curl cream, mousse, or gel, that suits your hair type and desired look.
2. **Wide-Toothed Comb:** A wide-toothed comb is essential for detangling and distributing product evenly through your curly hair.
3. **Hair Dryer (Optional):** While you can air-dry your hair, a diffuser attachment for your hair dryer can help speed up the drying process without disrupting your curls.
**Step-by-Step Styling Process:**
Follow these steps to achieve a stylish and well-defined look with your taper fade haircut and curly hair:
**1. Start with Clean Hair:**
Ensure your hair is clean by washing it with a sulfate-free shampoo and a hydrating conditioner designed for curly hair. Gently towel-dry your hair to remove excess water.
**2. Apply Curl-Enhancing Product:**
Dispense a small amount of your chosen curl-enhancing product into your palm. The amount will depend on the length and thickness of your hair. Rub your hands together to evenly distribute the product.
**3. Apply Product to Damp Hair:**
Work the product through your damp hair, starting from the roots and moving towards the tips. Ensure thorough coverage by scrunching and raking your fingers through your curls. This step helps define and enhance your natural curls.
**4. Detangle with a Wide-Toothed Comb:**
Use a wide-toothed comb to gently detangle your curly hair. Start from the tips and work your way up to the roots, being careful not to cause breakage or disrupt your curls.
**5. Shape and Style:**
With your product-applied, detangled hair, it’s time to style your curls. You can opt for various styles depending on your preferences:
– **Scrunching:** Gently scrunch your hair upwards using your hands. This technique helps encourage curl definition and bounce.
– **Twisting:** Twist small sections of hair around your finger to create tighter curls or spirals.
– **Twisting and Pinning:** For a more controlled look, twist sections of hair and pin them with bobby pins. Allow your hair to dry in this style for defined curls.
**6. Air-Dry or Use a Diffuser:**
You can either air-dry your hair or speed up the process by using a hair dryer with a diffuser attachment. The diffuser helps distribute airflow more gently to avoid disturbing your curls.
**7. Final Touches:**
Once your hair is dry, you can make final adjustments and touch-ups. Use a light-hold hairspray to set your style in place without compromising your curls’ natural movement.
– To maintain your taper fade haircut and curly style, consider regular trims to keep your hair in shape.
– Experiment with different styling products and techniques to find the look that best suits your individual preferences and lifestyle.
With the right products and techniques, styling your taper fade haircut with curly hair can be a breeze. Embrace your natural texture, define your curls, and enjoy a polished and stylish appearance that showcases your unique personality and style.